If There’s One Good Thing You Can Say About Disney’s Killer Cannon Cashing Known As Obi Wan Kenobi is that it helps bring more high-end collectibles to market. Alright, the Reva Force FX Lightsaber Campaign Failed, but Hot Toys isn’t counting on these cheap tactics. No, this company delivers products without reaching a set number of pre-orders.
Sideshow Collectibles opened pre-orders for the all-new Obi-Wan Kenobi figure; this one, of course, is based on Ewan McGregor’s appearance in the Disney+ series. He is a little older. He’s a little rusty when it comes to the Force. But he’s still Obi-Wan for the most part. Hot Toys figures always look great no matter what quality of IP the collectible is based on.
The $295 Obi-Wan Special Edition comes with stones. Seriously. The display base features a pile of levitating rocks that recreate the bizarre rock-throwing battle Kenobi has with Darth Vader in the first season finale. So what’s up with Disney star wars and the rocks?
Don’t expect Obi-Wan to say “Hello” to you anytime soon. This figure will only arrive between October 2023 and March 2024.
Old Ben will come with the following features and accessories:
- Newly developed head sculpt equipped with separate eyeball rolling function
- Highly accurate facial expression with detailed wrinkles, beard and skin texture
- Body with over 30 points of articulation
- Approximately 12″ tall
- Eight (8) pieces of interchangeable needles including:
- One (1) pair of relaxing hands
- One (1) pair of hand strength
- One (1) pair of hands to hold the lightsaber
- Two (2) left hand gesture pieces
- Each head sculpt is specially hand painted
- One (1) Jedi robe in dark brown color
- One (1) brown colored tunic
- One (1) beige colored under-tunic
- One (1) brown colored belt with gun holster
- One (1) pair of brown colored pants
- One (1) pair of brown colored boots
- One (1) LED-lit blue lightsaber (USB powered)
- One (1) moving blue lightsaber blade (attachable to hilt)
- One (1) lightsaber hilt
- One (1) gun
- One (1) LO-LA59 droid
- One (1) twin
- One (1) Bail Organa holographic figure
- One (1) holoprojector
- Specially designed rock diorama stand with floating stones
Is this version of Ben worth picking up? In the comments section below, let us know your thoughts.
[Source: Sideshow Collectibles]
Pirates & Princesses (PNP) is an independent, opinionated, fan-powered news blog that covers Disney and Universal theme parks, themed entertainment, and related pop culture from a consumer perspective. The opinions expressed by our contributors do not necessarily reflect the views of PNP, its publishers, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. PNP is an unofficial source of information and has no connection with The Walt Disney Company, NBCUniversal or any other company that we can cover.